What’s special about 143 Boat Building
We offer a traditional shipwright skillset with a wide range of experience from the smallest dinghy to bulk carriers. We take pride in our work and every vessel that leaves the workshop is a reflection on us.
- Hardstand hire available
- Covered shed fits vessels up to 68 feet in length (yachts need to be de-mast)
- We work on all boats including trailer boats, tinnies, yachts, jet skis (fibreglass, aluminium, timber, and steel)
We can help you with:
- Rotted keels
- Boat repair and accident damage
- Insurance work
- Project management on refit and restorations
- Regular detailing work
- Professional custom boat building
Whether it’s boat repair work, boat maintenance work, or a new boat build we guarantee:
- Honesty and transparency
- Quality workmanship with an emphasis on safety
- All repair and building work is carried out by trained and experienced shipwrights
- Quality products and proven processes
About the team at 143 Boat Building on the Gold Coast
Ryan Thacker (Owner)
Owner Ryan was trained in traditional and modern boat building at Cameron’s Marina in Balmain NSW. From there he went on to supervise numerous projects in both the naval sector and commercial boating sector Garden Island in Woolloomooloo before working for a major boat manufacturer. Ryan now operates his own business on the Gold Coast where he can also pursue his passion for building timber boats and keeping the traditional boat building methods alive.
Shannan trained at President Shipwright Services in NSW. After his apprenticeship he worked all over Australia from building brand new Sydney to Hobart sailing vessel, major refits, spray painting on superyachts, to installing weaponry on warships. With over 25 years’ experience across every facet of the trade Shannan is an expert shipwright no matter the size of your vessel.